Alright, first things first, if you haven’t already noticed ordering is now open for May build slots. It took me a but longer than usual to get it as I was making some big changes, most notably that effective May 2021 I am discontinuing the 6N21B mini-tube builds. Availability of tubes, serviceability for customers, and total power consumption were among the biggest reasons, not to mention speeding up my workflow by reducing the number of designs available. X Series builds have outsold mini tube builds every month since they were made available, and the margin was growing every month, so I decided this was finally the right time to make the change. I know one of the big draws to the mini tube builds was the lower price than X Series, so I am also dropping the price of X series pedals that were previously available as mini tube builds (Particle Accelerator, Slampegg Bee Pre, London Underground, Dr. Wattson, Sunnday Drive, Black Eye, and Lab Rat).
March is the first month Westinghouse Space Heater, and Sunnday Drive X have been available so I’m excited to get them out to their new owners.
In case you missed it on social media, Vampire Slayer (Effectrode Glass A buffer), Black Eye X (Soldano Supercharger GTO), and King Nothing (Kingsley Harlot) will be available for all new orders and for order changes starting with the April batch.
I’m still waiting on the last of my parts orders for the month, but when it arrives I will be able to put together my prototypes for SBVT (Ampeg SVT preamp), Ambassador (Matchless Chieftain preamp), JC Emerald (Marshall JCM800 preamp), and Gondwana Phase III (tube-driven IR loader). Stay tuned for more information on those!
For those of you that have an order in the March batch you may be wondering why you haven’t received a shipping notification yet (especially if you aren’t on Talkbass). I spent two weeks in March working on finishing my basement so I can better organize my workshop space, which will be a huge benefit in the future, but as a result I fell a little behind on the March builds. I will still be able to finish before the April 10 date posted on the website without a problem, but I wanted to let everyone know the reason for taking more time than usual.
Currently I have about 80% of the builds finished and after some final testing will start shipping out the ones that are ready to go tonight. The remaining 20% are either complicated builds (Sunnday Drive, Sunnday Drive X, and Deep Dish) or there was an issue during testing that needs to be fixed and retested, but either way my goal is still to finish everything tonight so I can get them all shipped out and start preparing for April builds, as I don’t want April to fall behind as a result of March delays.
Thank you all for your patience and ongoing support, and I look forward to getting some more tubes out there into the world soon.