Gondwana has been in the works for close to a year now, and it will still be a bit longer in development. Gondwana is my everything-and-the-kitchen-sink pedal, and I’m incredibly excited about it. The goal is for it to be a one-stop-shop for gigging or recording needs, I want one box that can do just about everything. Here’s what it’s going to have on board:
- Tube preamp, possibly two channel (haven’t decided yet)
- All-tube analog signal path
- IR loader with third-party IR support and up/down footswitches to scroll through IRs
- D.I. XLR output with Lightning Boy Audio transformer
- Headphone amp with dedicated headphone jack
I may end up with some additional features, but that’s what I’m looking at right now. Most of it isn’t too difficult, but obviously the IR loader is the most complex part and is holding everything up. I had a solution lined up to be provided by another company, but they doubled their prices from the initial design stage to when I was getting ready for more serious work, so I don’t want to deal with them. I found another company (whom I’ve met with in person) that has expressed interest in working with me on it, so I’m optimistic about that.
I have no idea when it will be available or how much it will cost, but it will happen when it’s good and ready,